Disabilities or Access and Functional Needs
If you or a family member has a disability or access and functional need, you may have more to think about as you plan for emergencies.
- Learn how to make a disaster supply kit as well as an emergency plan. The plan can help you create a support network, gather important records and contacts, and plan for power outages.
- The Red Cross also has materials in other languages, as well as large print and text only, to help people with disabilities or access and functional needs prepare for a disaster.
- 2-1-1 probides a voluntary registry for people who need assistance and evacuation in the case of a hurricane or other natural disaster. The public may register year-round. Registry information is forwared to the Orange County Office of Emergency Management.
- Register with STEAR. The STEAR program is a free registry that provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community.
- Click here for accessible information for persons who are Deaf, Hard-of-hearing, Blind, or Visually Impaired.